What we do:
- San Diego-Mammoth Half Marathon; Third Weekend in June; Volunteer Assistance in the run event,
- Fourth of July Pancake Breakfast; Pancake Breakfast as a fundraiser, breakfast available to all members of the public,
- Fishing Derby; Mid-July; Lions has a booth to serve complimentary coffee, water and donuts to all participants at the derby. The derby is a fishing event in the ponds at Snow Creek which are stocked with trout for children,
- Gran Fondo Century Bike Ride; Second Saturday in September; Lions participate at an aid station for riders in the 100-mile bike ride in the June Lake area,
- Trails for tails Dog Walk; Mid-September; A dog walk event of up to 3 miles open to all members of the public to promote responsible dog ownership in the Eastern Sierra,
- Fishing Docks at the Lakes Basin; All summer long; Providing docks and platforms for use by the general public at Twin Lakes in the Lakes Basins for a safe place to fish and views of the beautiful Eastern Sierra,
- Outdoor picnic and reading area benches, tables and other improvements at the library,
- Adopt-A-Highway; Spring, Summer, and Fall; Clean-up along Highway 203 / Main Street and at the entrance to town.
- Leo’s Club Sponsorship; Providing support and guidance to the young adults in our community who want to volunteer and give back.
What we support:
- Scholarship donations to graduating high school seniors and graduates of the Community College who plan on attending a four-year college,
- Monetary book awards to graduating high school seniors and graduates of the Community College who plan on attending a four-year college,
- Mammoth Lakes High School speaker contest: Awards to all participants of the contest and support to students who move on to the district contest and further.
- Collecting used eyeglasses, hearing aids, cell phones, and music storage devices for donation to those who need assistance,
- Sponsorship and financial assistance to those who cannot afford adequate eye care including examinations, screenings, and new eyeglasses,
- Financial assistance to patients and family members in hospice,
- Regular donations to the Arts and non-profits such as the Felici Trio, Chamber Music Unbound, Mammoth Lakes Film Festival, Mammoth Lakes Foundation, Disabled Sports of the Eastern Sierra.
- Veterans Day at the Mammoth Lakes Fire Station; provide assistance for the event at the Fire station on Veterans Day that gives appreciation to all our military veterans.
- Support to our fellow Lions of the Bishop Lions Club at their Labor Day event at the Fairgrounds providing free lunches to all students within the Bishop School District.